Thursday, June 14, 2012

Simple Design: Office

Our department recently moved into new offices. Since I exist in this physical space for 40+ hours a week, I thought it wise to make it a place of peace, inspiration, and relaxation. I think I succeeded.

First, I took down these curtains and put them over the big window that looks out into the hallway. It give me more privacy, and something prettier to look at. Next, I collected mismatched frames and put my photos from my Europe trip up. I get inspired every time I look over at this wall!

 Before                                                                    After

What's an office without your own personal achievements wall? I had to do it.

 Before                                                                    After

I got this idea from Pinterest. It's a "book self", get it!? These are fake books purchased from Home Goods and then set on brackets I installed. I added a little extra Parisian flare!

  Before                                                                    After

This shelf was very cluttered before. I tucked everything I needed into some easily accessible drawers and then decorated it with just a few items.
 Before                                                                    After

A friend found this poster for me. It's a good reminder be intentional with everyday - play, enjoy, take-in, sit, rest, and remember the moments.





2 comments:

  1. Nice!!! All I got from my work was a spinning pen holder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super cute!!! You are just so talented!

      Delete